01 September 2007

The mood continues

In my last post I alluded to something special I wanted to address in my next post. This is not it. I was just about finished what I wanted to post and somehow—by navigating to different web page I think—I managed to lose a slew of edits and additions. Sigh! A piece of that poste will include the substance of a postscript I added to my would-be audio post during my walk yesterday. Hopefully I'll finish that post today and get it up here.

This post addresses the remaining substance of my would-be audio post, to wit:

My excellent, energetic and strange mood continues. Four nights ago I slept for 3, 3½ hours. The following afternoon, I did nap, but only for an hour. Three nights ago, I got more like 5 hours sleep. But then two nights ago, I know I was asleep by 12:30 and I didn't wake up till 6:30. (Is that right? I had it in my mind that I got 7 hours sleep, but maybe it was only 6. I remember thinking after I woke up that I'd gotten in nearly 8 hours which, until I started this streak of short nights, used to be my minimum. I mean, I could get up if I had to, but I paid the price.)

As you can see by the time of this post, I'm up early again. Last night I fell asleep around 12:30. I was up around 5:30. Normally on a Saturday, if I'm not off on some service commitment, my alarm goes off at 8:00 to wake me up so I can get to my 9:00 meeting.

I have discerned one drawback to this streak I'm on: in the last two weeks compared to the two weeks prior, my morning blood pressure is up a little (I try to record it several times a day; I'm on medication for hypertension). The systolic (upper number) reading is up just over 6 mm Hg and the diastolic (lower number) just under 4. I thought it was up by more than that, which is the only reason I even did the calculations. And of course I'm pretty darn good at recording these numbers due to my obsessive-compulsiveness (actually meticulousness is a more accurate description).

1 comment:

Shadow said...

right. it's now 10.45 pm and i'm still up. that's late for me. but then again, i napped from about 2 until just after 5 this afternoon. totally counterproductive to a good night's sleep. but hubby's not here, so i can wander around the house at night without being told to settle down...