11 October 2007

The Riddling Bridge Troll

This is so great, I can't resist sharing it. The Junky's Wife said yesterday of her drug addict husband, "He's a riddling bridge troll I've got to get past before I can move on with my life, and the riddles he keeps coming up with stump me again and again."

This kind of insightful writing makes me very glad I don't have to live with an addict / alcoholic. I suppose it should give me some kind of sympathy for Nimue, but right now I'm only feeling it for JW and all her addict-married friends.

5 comments:

sharonsjourney said...

That is so insightful. The difference is you are in recovery, her addict is not, he is in his addiction...huge difference.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I loved this line as well and have often felt that way in my own relationships. Glad to have discovered your blog.

Namenlosen Trinker said...

"The difference is you are in recovery, her addict is not, he is in his addiction...huge difference."

Yes, Sharon, it's a huge difference, though I'm not certain he's not in recovery. In any case, even if he is, I'm probably further along.

And no, Sharon. Up to this point in sobriety anyway, I still have the capacity to act like an asshole. And do on occasion. Not that I leave syringes lying around the yard, but I do still have my alcoholic ways, believe me!

piglet said...

i really love trolls. now, i know why :)

joy said...

I love you! You quote me all the time, and take up for my crazy ass man. Let's be BFFs!